Another year has flown by and your new year’s resolution list may be growing. For many, losing weight, quitting smoking and saving more money may be at the top. For others, there may be a desire to redecorate a room or update a space in your home rather than spending on an entire room renovation. Need some inspiration? Try this mix of city and island-inspired rooms on for size!
Chic New York City Style
New York City is one of the most amazing cities in the world. Many call this city the cultural capital of the world because of its rich history and diversity. Today it is the largest city in the U.S. and has been home to many European immigrants that, at one time, passed through the famous Ellis Island where they first laid eyes on the beautiful Statue of Liberty. The sights and sounds of this unique city attract millions of visitors every year. The Manhattan skyline, Broadway and the Statue of Liberty are just a few reasons to visit. The architecture of the city buildings has definite hints of Arc Deco past along with cool SoHo artistic styling and other eclectic design combos. Although New York City property is costly and not always big on size, you never see a lack of taste in even the smallest of spaces. New Yorkers know how to pack a room with a lot of punch! And this is no surprise, as New York is the hub of design industries, such as fashion, architecture and interior design. If you are in love with the city as much as I am, you’ll enjoy bringing this city vibe to your home decor this new year.
Chic New York City Style
1. 9-Light Crystal Chandelier
2. & 4. HERCULES Definity Series Black Leather Love Seat with Stainless Steel Frame
3. Moroccan Table Lamp by Zodax
5. Custom Throw Pillows made with Raccoon faux fur & Robert Allen Velvet Geo fabric, and Custom Duvet Pillow made with Sunbrella Black, Wheat and Granite fabrics
6. Custom Grommet Drapes made with Sunbrella Kuna Sand fabric
7. Holly & Martin Zion Wall Art with Clock
Bold and Bright Miami
Miami, Florida is known for its vibrant color and warm, breezy beaches. This city pulsates with activity. Commercial and cultural vibes come together to make up this vivacious and lively town. Miami is known for its innovative skyscrapers and iconic skyline, as well as historic shopping and storefronts packed with merchandise and diverse dining. A very Cosmopolitan town, the beauty of its people is undeniable, as is the eye-popping decor inside and out. Bring the warmth and color vibe to your outdoor or indoor space this new year with a few accessory suggestions from our Bold and Bright Miami design board!
Get bold and bright this new year with color inspirations from the city of Miami.
1. Lauren Table Lamp in Chrome and Pink Mosaic
2. Upholstered Accent Chair with Exposed Wood
3. Porterdale Mirror in Rosebery Gold
4. Cascade Bar Stool in White
5. Custom Lumbar Pillow made with Premier Prints Fynn Cinnamon Macon fabric
6. Custom Bolster Pillow made with Premier Prints Candy Pink Ozborne fabric
7. Custom Grommet Drapes made with Premier Prints Fenton Sherbert Twill fabric
Warm Cape Cod
This sophisticated, comfortable and livable inspiration room comes from the gorgeous island of Cape Cod. A seaside gem that is not always the warmest of islands, but definitely possesses a nautical theme throughout its many popular towns, such as Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. Each island has its own distinct flavor. Nantucket, only three by nine miles, is a quaint New England seaside town. The downtown area includes fine shops, galleries and the famous Nantucket Whaling Museum. The cobblestone streets are busy with tourists during almost every season. Martha’s Vineyard has been a leisure spot for many presidents and is well known for great beaches, ocean vistas and other seaside villages. Cape Cod has a traditional and nautical design styling that offers a very comfortable feel for many homes. Try these accessories on for size!
Warm up your home this new year with color inspirations from Cape Cod.
1. Park Place Contemporary Love Seat in Cream
2. Zatar Wool & Jute Rug
3. Custom Grommet Drapes made with Premier Prints Isadella Premier Navy fabric
4. Park Place Contemporary Chair in Cream
5. Custom Bench Cushion with Buttons made with Sunbrella Sapphire fabric
6. Americana Vintage Blue Mirror
7. Antique Bronze Candle Holders
8. Custom Grommet Drapes made with Sunbrella Dupione Cornsilk fabric